Saturday, May 10, 2014

Treasure hunt party which wasn't planned,..

This Friday had planned  a send-off party for Advays friend who is moving to India,Thursday when Advay came back from school he asked for a paper and started drawing something .
 

I thought he is doing the regular sketch so asked him what he is sketching ,he said treasure hunt ,I was like okay but then he said for tomorrow
Me slightly taken back - "for tomorrow ?"
He - "yes for tomorrow party ."
Me -"but it's a send off party."
He-" ya I know but they gonna play too."
Me-" okay what is your plan ?"
He showed me the sketch this is the map and these are the treasures which will be hidden ,he showed me the sketch of the treasure too.

Me bemused smiled at his planning and thought how to execute his plan.
Friday morning after sending him to school thought of creating some banners to go with the theme ,
 

prepared a small bunting for the send off too

 and started with the chores .Morning while checking twitter I saw coconut cream frosting at Kiran Tarun blog thought of doing the same for the chocolate cake .Next time I do this I am going to chill the coconut cream overnight in freeze.
Eggless Chocolate Cake with Coconut Cream Frosting
For the frosting followed the same recipe as given in Kiran Tarun blog instead of vanilla essence added raspberry essence and pin colour whisked everything and spread it on the cake with the help of spatula.sprinkled some sprinklers and kept the cake in freeze .

The cake was devoured by the kids ,next time I am going to try sandwich cake with the same frosting
 
 Recipe of Eggless Chocolate Cake with Choco chips blogged here,I added dried cranberries while folding in choco chips ..
Recipe of Coconut Cream frosting inspired from Kiran Tarun Blog.
that's all for now friends wish you all happy weekend
signing off for a now with a slice of cake ,coffee and the book I am going to read next


and with this pic of happy children, nothing makes me more happy :-)
what's the plan for Mother's day
wish all the gorgeous mothers who read my blog Happy Mother's Day,.
take care and happy blogging,.









 


1 comment:

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com said...

Everything looks yummy! Thanks for trying and linking to my recipe :)