Thursday, January 07, 2010

Sweet start with Bitter truth

**
 
 I guess Gazar Ka Halwa ,

is the perfect post to start the new year ,I know I am bit late with my first post of the yr 2010,reason being my trip to Agra to celebrate Ganesh Chauth also known as Sankat Chauth at my inlaws place ,I am back with a lesson which I learnt and ya I gonna share with you all too ,we went for trip to FatehpurSikri,I had kept my purse beside me on the steps of Salim Chisthi Dargah, Advay was busy running around so my whole attention was towards him,I was so engrossed watching  him that I didn’t realize when my purse was picked from the steps, no guys I didn’t get it back,but ya as Shakespear said Sweet are the uses of adversity I learnt a lotz from this incident.
Never to carry purse or shoulder bag at tourist place always sling back or back pack,not to carry goodies like fav specs,perfume and other unnecessary stuff,not to carry key of wardrobe outside ,Car is always safe to leave things behind.Its not the first time that this happened with me I Lost my cell phone first time in Bangalore while shopping,second time in London I forgot my handbag in tube didn’t get it back and the third time the recent one.
 Yesterday Neha prepared Gazar Ka Halwa, the way I like I don’t think so anything can be better than this and ya its sweet enough to forget something bitter which happened with me.She prepared it the same way as the basic recipe goes,wash peel and grate carrots keep aside.In a non stick wok add two tbsp of ghee and one or two cardamom pod,lower the flame and fry grated carrots till mushy,add milk and keep stirring till the milk is not seen,add amul mithaimate ,no need to add sugar ,keep stirring till mithai mate is mixed with the carrots,ghee has to be added whenever mixture starts sticking to the vessel.Once done add finely chopped dryfruits,mix well and serve warm.


 I guess thats all for todays post,many thanks for sending entries for the Jingle Event,event is on till 10th of Jan so if you guys have anything which suits the theme do send me,,,take care cee you all soon,..;-) Have a happy and safe week ahead.



17 comments:

Shama Nagarajan said...

bad experiences teaches us a lot....yummy halwa..happy new year..please do send ur entries for my christmas and new year feast event

FH said...

So sorry you had your purse stolen, but it's just a thing, so don't worry and have a great start of new year. As long as you have a healthy and happy family, you are very lucky. Hope you didn't keep too much money in your purse. Hugs to you! :))

Yummy halwa.

lubnakarim06 said...

Thank u for the tips on safety...love the halwa...

Lakshmi said...

:( soo sad to learn about the theft. take care ya. parcel some halwa here :)

Unknown said...

halwa looks delicious..sorry about the purse being stolen..happens ..take care

Deepthi Shankar said...

i know how it feels if you lose your belongings. be careful .. I lost my wedding last year & I never got it back. new year wishes to you

Finla said...

This has happend o my sis twice, once she was in kerala and then someone pickpocket her purse from inside her handbag and also once when they were in holiday in Tamil Nadu, the same thing happend.
Love the halwa, i still have to send a mil with my entry for the event.

Deepa G Joshi said...

ohh..I can understand how it feels when you loose something very near to ur heart. take care..The halwa looks very nice :)

www.foodlyrics.com

chef and her kitchen said...

Hmm..that was a sad experience at the beginning of the year..start with the lovely halwa makes the new year more exciting dear....

Anonymous said...

Gosh, hope you didnt have any important stuff in there and you all are ok.

Halwa looks yummy. Its got a rich color.

www.ruchikacooks.com

Pavithra Elangovan said...

oh oh thats really bad experience... dont worry. Halwa looks too good.

Uma said...

so sorry about the incident Priyanka! Take care.

Halwa looks absolutely delicious. Belated wishes for a happy new year :)

Cham said...

It is sad- but hope the best this year :)

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh....I hope you didnt lose anything important! The gajar halwa looks very good!

Shah cooks said...

hmm... yum halwa. sorry abt ur belongings tho.:)

Priya Suresh said...

So sorry for hearing about the theft..hope u didnt lose anything valubale?..take care..Gajar ka halwa looks fantastic, my fav!

Spice said...

Halwa looks very yummy.....
Sorry about your purse....feel really bad when these kind of things happen at religious places...I too had a very bad experience once and had a big loss.....since then don't carry valuables in my purse when going to crowded places..