Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Announcing Fun Event Cook and Create With Luv for Luv

Valentines Day  is around and I guess everyone  must be thinking what to prepare,what to gift your loved one,…frankly speaking I am not strong believer of Valentines Day,..but then I am not against this special day too,..:-) because this special day gives us the opportunity to show our love ,be it anyone,..our friends, family, children and ya how can I forget  our hubby too,..:-)
Every one has got different way to celebrate this special day but one thing is common Love,..to celebrate VALENTINES DAY in Blogosphere I invite you all friends to take part in the Fun Event

 Cook and Create with Luv for luv

which is perfect way to showcase your hidden creativity,..you guys can create anything keeping Valentine Day theme in mind,..it can be simple card for your Beloved,to stuff toy for your children, bookmarks for your friends,anything  which can bring out  your creativity..because I think just like me everyone has got  creativity hidden somewhere,..believe me even I didn’t knew that I could paint adversity made me realise ;-),..anything  which is creative and handmade can be accepted,…
Logo for handcraft entries

Edible entries is also accepted keeping the theme in mind which can be heart shaped biscuit ,cake ,sweets,  savouries ,valentine day dinner,..it need not be something special,..simple   food prepared with love also becomes special,..nd ya if your kids prepare something for you I will be happy to have them too,..not   to miss by your hubby too,..so   it’s a fun event where whole family can take part,…
Logo for edible entries

Guide lines for the event
1)      Cook and create anything keeping the Valentine day theme in mind,
2)      Publish it in your blog and link it back to the announcement post
3)      You can use either of the three logos which I have prepared
4)      Mail me your entry at stillnotyet100@gmail.com by 20th of February with post url and pic
5)      I will be happy to receive entries from non bloggers too
And now the exciting part :) I have guest hosted blog events before but this is my own FIRST event :-) :-) :-) and this i how it happened -
yesterday evening  I was busy doing t shirts for my younger sis ,I was thinking I will give her a surprise by giving them to her on Valentines Day…though she is not believer of this day,..while painting the idea of hosting this event dawned on me,..since then this has been on my  mind ,,,urging me to go ahead and announce,..but as this one is my first event I was bit wary about how you guys gonna react,..what if u all say,..Valentines Day at this age ,..we are not kids anymore,..;-),..i know its very difficult to paint and create,.with kids around,..yesterday night when I was doing the tshirts Advay was busy colouring himself,..by the time I was done,,.his grey plain trouser was colourful  with marks from sketch pen,his face and hand green,…but after I was done I felt so happy,,I was playing  with colours after three months…after coming back from Singapore,,,I was not able to devote time to Tshirt painting which really acts like therapy for me, apart from cooking of course :) so friends  just give it a try it by taking part in this fun event and show m yr colors !!!

 

38 comments:

Unknown said...

fun event..will try to send in something..

FH said...

Good one, girl.I will think of something for V day for you although I don't celebrate that. Nice logos too, enjoy hosting! :))

FH said...

Just left a comment,hop you got it. It's snowing, my pc is slow today!

Indian Khana said...

That's a nice theme..gud idea Pri...glad to see hosting your own event...am sure it will be huge one's like your any other time...All the best and count me in (mostly if nothing pops up :-)

notyet100 said...

thanks Sowmya,Asha nd Priti,..for the Support,..it really means alot to me,..;-)

Sunshinemom said...

Good one, Pri!! I do not do anything special for Valentine's Day but I have no compunctions about receiving or giving gifts - just another excuse:)

Unknown said...

hey priyanka nice event yaar sure will send some for this event happy hosting dear

Finla said...

I don't think there should be just one day special for your lovrd ones.
Still I do love valentines day.

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely event for luv with luv to lovely Priyanka.
I too am not that high on VDay.But if some excellent recipe I get I will sure send it across

Unknown said...

That's a lovely event you've thought of. Good luck

notyet100 said...

SUNSHINEMOM,..u r rite,..valentine day is really good excuse to receive or give gift,..:-)

Rekha thanks will be waiting for ur entry,...:-)

Hppy cook even i think the same way but when a day is there ,,lets celebrate...

Thnks Curry leaf for the appreciation,.will be waitin for ur entry,..

Simran thnks for the good words,..:-)

Shama Nagarajan said...

LOVELY EVENT........

Sum Raj said...

fun event...nice choice...will try to prepare somthing...

Yasmeen said...

I'm not so good in crafts though I'll try sending in an edible creation:)

Priya Suresh said...

Excellent event..sure gonna send something...

Sharmila said...

Hey ... great idea! Don't worry .. it will be a great event. :-)

Madhavi said...

Greatt event dear, count me in!!!

Unknown said...

WOw...Lovely event..count me in

Deepthi Shankar said...

what a lovely theme Priyanka ... Happy hosting girl

Neha said...

Nice event, even i'm not much in celebrating the V day, but this time looks like u 'll make all of us celebrate it too...

Lakshmi said...

Nice logos Priyanka also the event. Though it is loong time since I celebrated V.day let me try to make something in the spirit of the event :)

anudivya said...

Nice event. Will try to pitch in.

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Sounds interesting!!! Will try to get creative :P

jayasree said...

Lovely event. Happy hosting. Though I don't celebrate the day, shall surely send in something for the event.

lubnakarim06 said...

Hmm let me think with what i can come up with....

vidhas said...

Very lovely event Priynaka. Count me in.

Jaishree Iyer said...

Lovely event...Nice logo...will try to send in something..happy hosting:)

Purnima said...

Hey ..lovely event, all the very very best to you! I shall try something good for here!
(well hv no clue hw to connect to google dox..so not started though hv wandered there n back! No post ..tks for pinging..high time to put a post, hai naa!)

Shreya said...

what a fun event! love the thought, will try to send in something special...:-)

Manju said...

looks like a really fun event...will think of something for sure :)

Prajusha said...

priyanka,
Nice Theme and logo..will try to s end in something.
thnks
prajusha
www.icookipost.com

Laavanya said...

I'll be sure to send my cutlets for this... Thanks! :) Will update my post and mail you soon.

Savi-Ruchi said...

hey!

I have an award for you in my blog, kindly collect it

Preety said...

will try to send something after valentines day

Chutneytales said...

First time at your blog dear.You have lovely collection of recipes.I will definitely take part in your event..Sending my entry now..By the way check out my blog,when you r free..

soma said...

Hey I did not know that u had this going on.. I'll definitely put a link back & mail the details to you! Thanks for letting me know:-)
Soma(www.ecurry.com)

lubnakarim06 said...

I just sent you my entry...

Sukanya Yogesh said...

I have awards waiting for you in my blog. Please collect them, u deserve them.