Thursday, February 18, 2010

Delhis street food Palak Papdi Chaat recreated at home

Everytime i crave to eat Palak Papdi Chaat i cant go to Prince Chaat shop at GK m block market ,so today when i felt like eating this chaat,i thought of giving this recipe a try,and i am so glad i tried this out today,here goes the recipe of Palak Papdi Chaat recreated at home,
For Chaat
Tamarind Jaggery chutney
Coriander chutney
salt
red chili powder
cumin powder
bhujia
boiled potato
papdi
curd
For Palak Papdi
Palak leaves washed and dried
gram flour three tbsp
water
refined oil four tbsp
salt as per taste
red chili powder half tsp
cumin powder half tsp
amchur powder half tsp
Procedure
mix gramflour with water and salt,red chili powder,amchur powder and cumin powder.
heat oil in wok
lower the flame and dip the dried palak leaves in the besan batter and fry till brown from both sides
drain and keep aside
To Assemble
In a serving dish place the palak papdis
top them with curd,boiled potatoes,papdis,coriander and tamarind chutney,bhujia,red chili powder,cumin powder.
As this was the first time i tried this at home this is what i learnt
- batter should have been more watery
- papdis should be served warm,as they loose their crispiness if serving time is prolonged.
Papdis can be served hot with tea or coffee also
 The above platter is off for Paris event at Foodelicious The Combo event
 and the palak papdi chaat goes to my own event at asankhana Lets Celebrate with Colours
 that all guys enjoy the platter cee u all soon,..;-)

23 comments:

Pari Vasisht said...

I had drooled the last time u ate this and now u make crave for it even more. My only problem is I have flu can't eat chaat..so unfair.

priya said...

i just love chaat items so much..urs looks superb, tempting!

FH said...

YUM! I don't get besan papadi here but Spinach Palak Papdi looks so delicious. Good ones.

Suma Rowjee said...

My mouth is watering!! Can we ever get tired of eating chats??

Deepa G Joshi said...

mmmm...yummm..I love chaat anytime and palak chat is of my favorites..lovely clicks..they are totally tempting..

www.foodlyrics.com

Deepthi Shankar said...

that looks very tempting, Priyanka

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Oh wow thats my fav too.. looks so so so so yumm..cannot stop drooling ..

Priya Suresh said...

Wow one more chaat to enjoy..looks fantastic and makes me hungry..

Dhanya Ganesh said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my space. You have an awesome blog. Palak papdi chat is very new to me,looks delicious and tempting:).

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Simply fabulous and I would love to have them in palm leaves thats how its served by the chaat wala @ hyd!!!! How much I miss them!!!

http://memoryarchieved.blogspot.com

Cham said...

Oh are you eating only chaat? Lucky gal, huh, i never tasted this one, delicious one!

suvi said...

I am going to have chaat this evening, reading this post has made me crave for some chaat right away!

Lakshmi said...

Now..I am all JJJJ.....I am drooling over that chaat.

Unknown said...

looks delicious..

Raks said...

Not fair to temp with such delicious chaats :(

Saritha said...

I love chat items but never ate palak papdi chaat,looks mouthwatering

Padma said...

Love chaats and this looks mouthwatering :)

Bong Mom said...

Palak Papdi is such a neat idea

Sowjanya@Ruchikacooks said...

oooo..You are on a mission to make us drool with chaats? Looks super.

Yasmeen said...

palak papdi sounds interesting,I always loved eating chaat back home:D

Madhavi said...

Oh this is mouth-drooling chaat, yummm!!!

Deepti said...

Thanks 4 visiting Panchamrutham & 4 ur sweet words...
U've a Gr8 space 2 share & a Wonderful collection of recipes...
Never tried this variety of chaat ...Looks Gr8...Shud try out soon..
Keep adding more !!!!!!!

Kanchana Shekhar said...

ooo....loks yum...chat is my biggest weakness...will try this one out this weekend...