Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Announcing food event Shadi ki Thali

Days are flying quiet fast,and these days i am really busy packing Saree
,arranging my sis suitcase,writing invitation card
and doing so many other chores related to marriage,in other words i am enjoying shopping for sarees,bangles and that too from lajpat nagar,chandni chowk,karol bagh these are the shops where u will get everything related to marraige and tomorrow i have to go to lajpat nagar again to search for my sis wedding dupatta,i mean i have to take her lehenga Saree and match dupatta with the lehenga and then give it for designing,huh,..so u guys can cee how busy i am :-)
marriage is on 26th June so still a month left but hundreds of things to do,.with marriage on my mind ,i thought of taking u guys on a joy ride too,frens i invite you all to participate in my own event Shadi ki Thali
,as i am really curious to know what special delicacies is prepared in your native during marriage ceremonies which is a must,yes we have some recipes too which i will be sharing with u guys after the shadi,but you guys can start sending me delicacies which can be anything,i will be glad if u can send me whole platter in thali
(pic is of kachodi sabji from NATHUS IN BENGALI MARKET DELHI AND YA THERES GHEVAR AND JALEBI TOO :-)
but if u want to share one or two recipes u can send that too,..any special ritual which is particular in your native i will be glad to know,.so guys what are u waiting for join me in this special event specially for my sis ,i haven't told her about this,its gona be a surprise for her .
Guidelines for the event
prepare anything which is specially prepared during marriage ceremonies in your native
publish it in your blog and link it back to the announcement page
mail me your entries with post url and pic at stillnotyet100@gmail.com by 30th of June
and ya i will be happy to receive entries from non bloggers too.

26 comments:

Finla said...

I am so jealous hearing the preperation for wedding for you sis as i also want to join in the shoping, especially in karolbhag, my favourite place for shopping when i am in Delhi.

Indian Khana said...

Congrats to your sis...I totally know how you feel..I did the same for my sis wedding :)...it so much fun isn't it...will try to send something :)...I need to do lot of thinking for this one ..

Deepthi Shankar said...

I love shopping esp in Karol Bagh & lajpat nagar .. enjoy the wedding gal

Unknown said...

oohh wow congrats on your sister s wedding and pass my wishes to your sister too I too love to do all those wedding work enjoy yeh will post some recipes for your event and perfect time for this event.

Manju said...

congratulations to your sis!! it must be soo much fun running around and doing all the wedding prep work and such a great event too..let me see what i can come up with! :)

karuna said...

i can't tell u how much I enjoy shopping in delhi. I might be in delhi ard June. Not sure though. Isn't it super ot right now?
amidst all this u manage to announce an event, wowowoow, hats of to u . U shld enjoy ure sis wedding. Eat a lot, shop alot and dance a lot. Congrats to her frm my side

Cham said...

U re dam busy, I will be on vacat starting June! I cannot promise anything but I can wish ur sis a Happy Married Life :)

Sunshinemom said...

What fun!! Congrats to your l'll sis and 'khoob maze karo yaar'!!

Lakshmi said...

Such a nice event Priyanka. I will think over it and try to publish few :). You enjoy your shaadi shopping and shaadi too.

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

wow looks like a nice event... Shall send in some entries...

Lakshmi said...

Site of the foood plate itself is making me hungry!

chef and her kitchen said...

Thats a great event..Congrats for your sis...shopping for wedding is fun..will try to send some entries for the event

Sharmila said...

Seems like you are having a blast! I love shopping in Delhi .. last time picked up some great patiala suits from Lajpat nagar .. and yes, Sarojini market is my fav too ... great tops for only 25/-:-)
Good wishes to your sis on her wedding. :-)

Priya Suresh said...

Wishing your sister a happy married life, its seems u r very busy, enjoy the wedding, wish i could come to our place for shopping, just miss it..thats an excellent theme Priyanka, let me see to send my entries soon!

Unknown said...

congrats to your sis..and an interesting event..will try to send in a few recipes..

Chitra said...

My wishes to ur sis, will try to send in something for ur event:)

Purva Desai said...

First of all convey my best wishes to ur sis.....Hey this is really cool event.....can i post few pictures of my wedding ritual thali???

Shah cooks said...

best wishes for ur sis and lots of envy towards you!! shopping for a wedding.. i miss those days.and nathus's!!

Jayashree said...

Congrats and best wishes to your sis. Have fun :-))

CurryLeaf said...

Wow.Life is full of frenzy now.Hope you are enjoying the preparations.Best Wishes to your sis and looking forward to the round up.Enjoy

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Very interesting theme for the event!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time preparing for the wedding :)

Bombay Foodie said...

This sounds like so much fun...I don't enjoy shopping that much but have fond memories of karol bagh.

Next time you go, get yourself to McDonald's first floor and sit by the window. It's a lovely feeling, calmly watching the crazy traffic going by.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your sis on her wedding :) Must be fun shopping for all the goodies! I will definitely try to come up with something. Happy shopping :)

ST said...

Congrats and best wishes to your sis...Enjoy shaadi shopping and have fun....will try to send in something for ur event:)

anudivya said...

Congratulations to your sister.
I will try to send something for the event.

Srivalli said...

Thats fun priyanka..have fun...and do update us on the happenings!