Thursday, January 16, 2014

harried weekend cooking story :-)

Most of the time saturday and sunday is harried cooking day for me ,as it all becomes too chaotic with so many things to do

 and I am left with hardly any time to cook thats what happened last weekend after serving hubby bread roll which didn't turn out the way they are supposed to , I had to pan fry the rolls they looked like edible bread patties ya sometimes I have bad cooking day and most of the time its weekend :-(
 two weeks before I had prepared poha which neither looked like poha nor tasted the same and at  time like this I start to doubt my cooking have I really lost it.but after these two episodes I know two things that weekend cooking specially  breakfast is jinxed for me,:-(
Coming back to todays post sharing with you all simple pan fried pomfret 

which I cooked in 10 mins that too with my son screaming that he wants to help me so just some ingredients tossed together and you have something yummy to eat and ya this one did made up my jinxed bad breadroll day.
recipe name pan fried pomfret 
recipe source kitchen experiment
Ingredient
pomfret one sliced from between 
ginger garlic grated one tbsp
green chutney/dhania chutney ( lifesaver :-) three tbsp
lemon juice two tbsp
gramflour two tbsp
salt as per taste
half tsp red chili powder 
half tsp turmeric powder
half tsp coriander powder 
half tsp amchur


preparation 
In a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients listed above and rub the mixture on the pomfret .
heat one tbsp oil in non stick pan 
procedure
pan fry the fish till its brown and crispy from both sides
serve warm with some lemon wedges and onions on the side.

and ya after two weeks of weekend breakfast  debacle i have this thought on my mind should I just serve this simple breakfast of toasted bread smeared with butter ,boiled egg and a glass of orange juice  to hubby
or go for brunch like this of Aloo paratha with dhania chutney

or just  keep calm and serve on :-)

2 comments:

Cham said...

Happy Sakkranthi! Love seafood and if it is fish fry love with rice and rasam!

Shama Nagarajan said...

yummy pomfret dear...happy sankranti