Monday, January 12, 2015

so I followed my heart what about you

Few days back while cooking for my friend I was intrigued by this thought in my mind Just because she is not Indian should I alter the ingredients in my recipe to suit her palate or I should cook the way I cook for us everyday . No I didn't wanted her to say that the food is perfect I wanted to show her how we eat everyday what's our normal cooking is so perturbed by these thoughts I continued cooking , what about you guys you alter the recipe to suit the palate for your guests or you cook the same way you cook everyday please share your views ..

Sharing with you all recipe of Tandoori chicken which I prepared  for my friend 
Recipe Name - Tandoori Chicken 
Recipe source kitchen experiment
Ingredient 
Chicken drumsticks four 
Curd one cup 
Ginger garlic paste one tbsp. 
Salt as per taste 
Coriander powder one tsp
Turmeric powder one tsp 
Red chili powder one fourth tsp garam masala powder one tsp 
Juice of half lemon 
Preparation
Make deep slits in the chicken and keep aside 
In a mixing bowl whisk all the ingredient together mentioned above except oil add the prepared chicken pieces and coat the chicken pieces nicely with the marinade . Keep it overnight in fridge or for few hours if to be cooked the same day .
 
Preparation in the oven
Line the baking tray with aluminum foil 
Preheat the oven to 180 degree centigrade 
Keep the prepared chicken pieces on the tray with some space in between and brush them with oil or butter 
Bake it in oven till it's brown and  done from both sides . If needed brush them with oil again midway . 
Serve warm with salads and dip 
We had with Chola ,Paratha ,Kachumber and plain rice .
Recipe of Chana Masala/Chola blogged here
Recipe of Paratha blogged here
Recipe of Kachumber blogged here
Linking this post to
The Weekly Story week 1 hosted by Colours Dekor
That's all friends ,wish you all happy week ahead
Take care & happy blogging
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for linking in.. and visiting my blog :)

After nearly two years.. Im blog browsing today.. and checking on all my fav blogs..

Hope you have a lovely year ahead.. :)

FarZain said...

I stumbled onto your blog! And I was going through recipe bucket. Oh my what a store house of cooking and food.

Now I'll have somewhere to turn to for new ideas, when I am bored of my own cooking and my husband's :)

Your blog is great. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Happy 2015.