Monday, May 05, 2014

Weekend cooking – mutton korma paired with egg pulao mint chutney and chapathi

As you all must be knowing by now my weekends are known to be chaotic still I manage to prepare a decent meal and that's what I did yesterday with the back up ingredients like coriander chutney,mint chutney and home made curd life looks easy so if nothing else at least I can prepare stuffed paratha but last few days weather has been very bad in Singapore hot and humid so stuffed paratha was out of plan so I thought of preparing curry with the shaan masala which I keep for such situations when I am out of idea to experiment ,this is a simple curry which doesn't need any special ingredient this is how I executed the meal .

 
mutton korma

  • Recipe name – mutton korma
  • Preparation time – 10 mins
    Cooking time 30 mins
  • Ingredient
    Goat meat 500gm
    Curd half cup
    Onion one sliced
    Ginger julienne one tbsp.
    Oil to cook one tbsp.
    Shaan korma masala half packet
    Preparation
    In a mixing bowl beat curd mix half packet of shaan korma masala followed by the mutton pieces ,keep aside.
    Procedure
  • Heat oil in non stick wok,once hot lower the flame and add sliced onions
    Keep stirring till the onions become brown add the marinated mutton pieces
    Keep stirring ,sprinkle few drops of water and let it simmer for 10 minutes
    After 10 minutes sprinkle ginger julienne and transfer the content to pressure cooker.
    Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
    Serve warm with pulao and chapathi.  
  •   
  • Recipe name – Egg Pulao
    This is something which I do most of the time ,fry boiled egg in the same wok in which curry was prepared,strain and keep aside
    Fry the cooked rice in the same wok ,that's all ;-)
    To serve keep the fried rice in a bowl top it with the fried boiled egg.
    Serve warm with curry.

  • that's all for now friends, I know I have been away for two months will be catching up with you all soon prepare this meal the day you want eat something yummy and that without spending much time in the kitchen .
  • take care and happy blogging.
        

 

 

No comments: